The International Rhino Foundation (IRF) is dedicated to the survival of the world’s rhino species through conservation and research.
- provides the technical (scientific, educational, administrative) and financial resources necessary to facilitate the conservation of rhinos.
- coordinates the resources and communications of a diverse array of rhino conservation partners, to maximize effect, while minimizing duplication.
- provides technical and administrative services for captive programs (regionally and globally).
- provides the linkage between captive programs, and wild populations.
- supports applied research that targets the problems affecting the survivability of rhinos.
- promotes the involvement of local communities in the conservation of rhinos.
advances the expertise of range-state professionals through training.
- creates enduring (self sustaining) rhino conservation programs through “facilitative” and “catalytic” approaches
- gives priority for its resources application of resources to issues related to species-level conservation.
- is recognized as a trusted resource for relevant rhino information.